1. Beat Girl (Instrumental) by Shame about the Girl
2. Need Your Love (from Up the Junction) by Laurie Biagini
3. Fireball XL5 by Doll Squad
4. Misirlou (Pulp Fiction theme) by Peter Lewington
5. Aqua Marina (Stingray end credit theme) by Dave Mayberry
6. Theme from Bullitt by Terry Wicks
7. A View to a Kill by Psykick Holiday
8. Theme from Budgie by Glenda Collins
9. Theme from Edgar Wallace Mysteries by Peter Lewington
10. Burning Bridges (Kelly's Heroes theme) by Terry Wicks
11. Chi Mai (Lloyd George theme) by The Alien Orchestra UK
12. The World is Not Enough (Bond theme) by Psykick Holiday
13. The Likely Lads by The Snakeskin Shoe Review
14. The X files by Ron Howe
15. Beat Girl (Vocal) by Maiko
It was thought that no more cult themes albums would be released but we have decided to put out one final album to meet customer demand and tie up a few loose ends. All tracks are produced and arranged by innovative cult record producer Russell C. Brennan. Russell kept discovering tracks he thought should have been on previous themes albums and thought it time to put that right, so this album features tunes from the ‘60s right through to the ‘90s. The talent formula is similar to before, both exposing new talent and bringing back into the studio not only cult artists but also artists who have already experienced a number one hit. The album includes covers of tracks from the royalty of film and TV composers - John Barry, Ennio Morricone, Lalo Schifrin, Ray Davies, Barry Gray and Mike Hugg!
The track listing includes many unusual gems, some of which are very hard to get hold of even by the original artists. These include Beat Girl written by John Barry and The Theme from Budgie originally written and performed by Ray Davies exclusively for the TV show - but never released by him or the Kinks. Our version is 'more Kinks than the Kinks' and has cult ‘60s Joe Meek-produced artist Glenda Collins on vocals.
The album is an eclectic but imaginative reinterpretation of many themes, including a Flamenco style version of Pulp Fiction’s Misirlou and Joe Meek style productions of two Gerry Anderson themes - Fireball XL5 and Aqua Marina (from Stingray). The tracks range from catchy songs to experimental soundscapes so an interesting musical adventure awaits the listener.
Although streaming & download is now the norm for music, many of our hardcore themes fans have said they'd much prefer to have a real CD of this release. We always listen to our fans so have manufactured a limited edition of 500 x Cult Themes Forever CDs; brand spanking new and shrink-wrapped! Our Limited editions never hang around for long.
When CD's have sold out, download will be the only way to get the album. We don't plan to stream it at this stage (although might consider it in the future).
The price is just £7.99 (UK) or £9.99 (Outside the UK). Includes P&P
Please select the correct payment option in the Paypal button below for UK or Outside UK.
NEW RELEASE OUT NOW
For any queries feel free to drop us an email at [email protected]